Add to Technorati Favorites

Alter Egos - I Am Done Watching This

When clicking on an Alter Egos in the sidebar, please look above this title for video content.

Monday, October 23, 2006

This Writing Life - Hudson Reads Yeats to Dead Beat



"Get out of my chair Hudson."

Hud is sprawled out in Dead Beat's leather armchair in the library smoking a cigar reading Yeats.

"Sorry Old Man," he apologises. "I guess you got out of bed the wrong side again."

"Well at least I got out of bed," Dead Beat retorts knowing full well that Hudson has been sleeping in his armchair all night.

Hudson puffs out a plume of smoke. "You need to relax more. This writing life is too stressful on you."

"You're too stressful on me Hud."

"Oh come on Dead Beat, I'm just a loveable mutt."

"You're pure bred, Hudson."

"Finally you admit it. Here sit down at my feet. Have a puff of my finest Cuban, and I'll read you some soothing Yeats:

I will arise and go now, and go to Innisfree,
And a small cabin build there, of clay and wattles made:
Nine bean-rows will I have there, a hive for the honey-bee,
And live alone in the bee-loud glade...


Stop breathing Old Man, you're making too much noise."

No comments: