Add to Technorati Favorites

Alter Egos - I Am Done Watching This

When clicking on an Alter Egos in the sidebar, please look above this title for video content.

Saturday, October 14, 2006

Charles Bukowski - The Poetry Reading.


The Buk, called me up.

"Tell me the truth, Dead Beat," he pleads, "they all think I'm dead, right?"

"It's a rumour, Chuck."

"I can't die. People like me we just don't die. We spend our life trying, but we fail in the end."

"What can I do, Chuck Buk?"

"You've got a little poetry in you, haven't you D. B.? So, tell them to listen to this, tell them this is a way of dying, a way of staying alive."

He hung up as though he never existed. But Dead Beat listened as Dead Beat as always listened to Charles Bukowski.

Think you're a poet:


Click Here For Enlightenment

No comments: