Add to Technorati Favorites

Alter Egos - I Am Done Watching This

When clicking on an Alter Egos in the sidebar, please look above this title for video content.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

"Give it up!" - Dead Beat meets Frank O' Hara



Dead Beat fell off the Black Mountain and landed in New York. He woke up, rubbed his head, tried to regain his vision.

"Whoa, buddy, take it easy."

And that was how he met Frank O' Hara.

"Thanks, pal."

"Call me, Frank."

"Dead Beat."

"Walk with me Dead Beat. Let's talk a while."

"You know anything about poetry?" I ask.

"Sure," O'Hara answers, "but "I don’t even like rhythm, assonance, all that stuff. You just go on your nerve. If someone’s chasing you down the street with a knife you just run, you don’t turn around and shout, 'Give it up! "

Dead Beat rubbed at his bruised bones and ego. "Give it up!"

No comments: