Add to Technorati Favorites

Alter Egos - I Am Done Watching This

When clicking on an Alter Egos in the sidebar, please look above this title for video content.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

T. C. Boyle and Dead Beat's Tombstone


Dead Beat may well write this on his tomb stone

Now would you like to be remembered as a writer?

T.C. Boyle: I would like to be read. Again, if there will be paper, and there will be people, I’d like to be read. I would like to be remembered as someone who bridged the writers of the late sixties and early seventies and the realist writers of the eighties, someone who created a kind of fusion and did something a little different and pointed in another direction. As someone who was totally absorbed with and deeply engaged in what he was doing. It’s my whole life, this art. I’ve given up just about anything else. It’s what interests me and what sustains me.

No comments: