Add to Technorati Favorites

Alter Egos - I Am Done Watching This

When clicking on an Alter Egos in the sidebar, please look above this title for video content.

Thursday, September 28, 2006

I Am Forever Falling And I Am Prone To Call This Motion Flight

Dead Beat is working on a rewrite of a new novel. He, as a writer of poetry and prose, often wonders if there is any real distinction (see The Bible According to Richard Hugo). Anyway in this careful process of rewriting he found this small passage of his:

Esther, I would like to say you are my ladder, but you are right. You are the rungs, the wild flowers, the illusive birds. I am forever falling, and I am prone to call this motion flight.

While rewriting, Dead Beat thinks rhythm, thinks metaphor, thinks all things poetic and all things prosaic.

Esther, I would like to say
you are my ladder,
but you are right.

You are the rungs,
the wild flowers,
the illusive birds.

I am forever falling,
and I am prone to call
this motion flight.

Sometimes Dead Beat surprises even himself.

No comments: