Add to Technorati Favorites

Alter Egos - I Am Done Watching This

When clicking on an Alter Egos in the sidebar, please look above this title for video content.

Monday, May 28, 2007

They Locked Up The Wrong Man


So Leonard Cohen gets on the blower.


"Dead Beat, I see you have been stealing..."


"Borrowing, Lenny, just borrowing. They can have it back any time they want."


"That's what my money managers told me."


"Genuine sympathy. By the way, did you know you're part of the reason I'm here."


"Why is that?"


"Songs of Love and Hate. Picked it up in a second hand record store. The black and white cover, your face peering out. The circular shape of the vinyl worn into the front. THEY LOCKED UP THE MAN WHO WANTED TO RULE THE WORLD. THE FOOLS. THEY LOCKED UP THE WRONG MAN."


"Somethings never change."


"I went to see you in the National Stadium in Dublin decades ago. At the end I went up to the stage, and you looked me in the eye and shook my hand."


"I remember that."


"Well I haven't forgotten either. So I wasn't really stealing. They locked up the wrong man."


"I guess you're on my side then."


"Lenny, lover, I even went out and bought a second hand blue raincoat, but I didn't rip it at the shoulder."

No comments: