Add to Technorati Favorites

Alter Egos - I Am Done Watching This

When clicking on an Alter Egos in the sidebar, please look above this title for video content.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Bowery Blues

Jack hollered into the void: "This one is for O'Brien"
Dead Beat brings it to your ears.

Bowery Blues

The story of man
Makes me sick
Inside, outside,
I don't know why
Something so conditional
And all talk
Should hurt me so.

I am hurt
I am scared
I want to live
I want to die
I don't know
Where to turn
In the Void
And when
To cut
Out

For no Church told me
No Guru holds me
No advice
Just stone
Of New York
And on the cafeteria
We hear
The saxophone
O dead Ruby
Died of Shot
In Thirty Two,
Sounding like old times
And de bombed
Empty decapitated
Murder by the clock.

And I see Shadows
Dancing into
Doom
In love, holding
TIght the lovely asses
Of the little girls
In love with sex
Showing themselves
In white undergarments
At elevated windows
Hoping for the Worst

.I can't take it
Anymore
If I can't hold
My little behind
To me in my room
Then it's goodbye
Sangsara
For me
Besides
Girls aren't as good
As they look
And Samadhi
Is better
Than you think
When it starts in
Hitting your head
In with Buzz
Of glittergold
Heaven's Angels

Wailing

Saying
We've been waiting for you
Since Morning, Jack
Why were you so long
Dallying in the sooty room?
This transcendental
Brilliance
Is the better part
(of Nothingness
I sing)

Okay.
Quit.
Mad.
Stop.


Jack Kerouac

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Gerry,

I'm just reading a bio of Jack Keroauc and lo and behold he was from up the road in Lowell, here in MA-I'm getting to the depressing stuff about him-why are so many creatives also easily depressed?-there's a question for Dead Beat :-)